topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor  (Read 81833 times)

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I love Mythbusters. The actual science may be a bit iffy or incomplete at times, but they "get 'er done" and generally do a reasonable job of testing a hypothesis. It's infrequent that I sit there thinking "If only they had tried this!". Plus, hey, blowing stuff up is awesome.

- Oshyan

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The Killing, a Danish series, very well done.
.merle1.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I recently discovered two shows on the History channel: Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Both series deal with interesting historical artifacts.

And now for a completely tongue-in-cheek response to this thread's question: Warren The Ape. ;D  OMG the stuff they show on TV nowadays!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:38 PM by sajman99 »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
after the success of All In The Family...
I've caught a few episodes of "All in the Family" recently, and I'm amazed both at how funny the show is and what they do on the show.

People think today's TV shows are edgy because of the violence/gore or sexual situations they portray.  I don't think any of that stuff is nearly as edgy as "All in the Family", and I don't think anyone would have the guts to make "All in the Family" today.  I was  kid when it was first televised, and back then it was just another show to me. Today, I can't believe they were able to make and air that show back then.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's enough for me to blow things up :)

edit:

oh wow there were a few posts in between...

This is about
^ Blow things up in creative ways in the name of 'Science'?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:59 PM by housetier »