topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: how to copy code formatted text on this forum? i must be doing something wrong.  (Read 4672 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i was trying to copy an ahk script that czb created and posted on the forum here (4th post down): https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=12935.0

that is, copy and then paste it into blank document. but no matter which editor i use to paste the code into, it does it as one long single line rather than the formatting seen in the code box. (it doesn't make any difference about the settings of word wrap in the editor - the formatting is still wrong.) clicking on the "copy or print" link above the code box doesn't retain the formatting either when copying from the new page that opens.

i've solved the problem by "quoting" the code box in a reply post preview and then simply copying the script from there - this provides the correct formatting when pasting into a blank document.

this seems a strange process, so i'm assuming i'm doing something wrong. surely, you can copy from the code boxes and the formatting stays intact?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
if i press the "copy or print" link it shows a new window which i can copy out of perfectly.

try:
1. using a different browser
2. pasting into a different text editor.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have had similar problems in the past, but usually only with stuff I have copied & pasted from a web page into Notepad2, saved, and later tried to open in Windows Notepad. All the line breaks get converted into little squares and it's all on a single line, although if opened in Notepad2 it looks normal. (this doesn't happen all the time, though)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
if i press the "copy or print" link it shows a new window which i can copy out of perfectly.

try:
1. using a different browser
2. pasting into a different text editor.
you're right. sorry, i never thought to check browsers. i'll try and figure out why maxthon isn't working with it.