topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 10:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Paragon Drive Copy 9.0 SE 1 hour and change left  (Read 3328 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Paragon Drive Copy 9.0 SE 1 hour and change left
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:55 AM »
Giveaway of the day.  Paragon Drive Copy 9.0.  I didn't really need it but for free I figured I'd download in case I buy a drive for the old dual core. All I know is it installed and claimed to be activated.  Got to hurry as less than 2 hours left to download and install if you want this freebie:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paragon Drive Copy 9.0 SE 1 hour and change left
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:35 AM »
Hi Folks,

In general I prefer to pick up the Paragon line by watching

"For Free on Internet"
http://for-free-on-internet.com/

So you do not run into any activation questions after a crash and stuff like that.  Paragon has a lot of products, and the specials seem to rotate here and there.  Of course if you do not have a product at all, and it is on GAOTD, then you might pick it up awaiting for it to appear elsewhere.

Note that Paragon does a great job x-ref-ing your serial #s with your signon, which is linked to your email in your account that they maintain.  So give one email you actually use, they are responsible not to send you too much, and you have a serial# backup.  They make it very clear what serial# is for what product.

Oh, I am not sure .. maybe Paragon extends this courtesy to GAOTD (which would be unusual).  If they do, and if the product key works fine after the first day, then their specials are as good thru GAOTD as through the computer mag specials. 

Shalom,
Steven Avery

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paragon Drive Copy 9.0 SE 1 hour and change left
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:22 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think the deal is, the installer has a Register button, it goes back to GOTD, and then gets you the reg info.  If it's after the allotted time then GOTD doesn't send it.  So I think the time limit is to run the installer for the first time.

In any case, I thought Paragon was great until I found out it didn't like my fake raid.  Before you get too involved, try booting the BootCD that it makes to be sure it can see your HD.  The paragon stuff works great on my Sata 3 machine, but it sees no HD at all on my fake raid.  I had to get Macrium Reflect to do my image backups(and even there I had to buy the newest version.) If you get something with a WinPE boot CD then you should be able to add the driver if necessary.

I have Paragon Drive Backup and that should restore to a new drive too.  So many of their products have overlap that it's tough to know when to stop downloading. :)