ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Malicious Software Removal Tool Ques.

(1/2) > >>

bob99:

I'm hoping someone can point me in a direction to help find an answer to what's happening when I run the Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Each time I run it, about half way through it just stops.  And each time it stops when it reaches C:...\MountpointManagerRemoteDatabase
When I go to task manager it still shows it as running, until I click end task.  Then I receive the not responding message.
Last time I ran it, a month ago, the same thing happened.  It did run in safe mode though.  Just not in regular mode.  I am running it under admin.
I've googled a number of different ways, searched the microsoft site, etc and haven't located anything yet that is similar.
While I'm looking I thought I'd also post here.
Maybe someone has had a similar situation or knows of a site/forum.  Thanks!

mediaguycouk:
If it is to do with system restore than you could disable system restore, reset and then enable it again. You might find that this deletes whatever the problem is with the folder.

40hz:
Are you using Outlook in conjunction with a Microsoft Exchange server, or do you show unattached shares when you open My Computer?

bob99:
I disabled and and re-enabled restore, re-booted and tried again.  Same thing happened.

Are you using Outlook in conjunction with a Microsoft Exchange server, or do you show unattached shares when you open My Computer?
--- End quote ---
I am using Outlook but not Microsoft Exchange server.

Left this out before.  Running XP Pro with all SP2 patches. 
Thx.

40hz:
Left this out before.  Running XP Pro with all SP2 patches.
-bob99 (June 05, 2009, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd suggest putting SP3 on there as well. It cured a lot of odd-ball problems. You also want it on there for security reasons.

Luck  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version