topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MS Technet subscription  (Read 6746 times)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MS Technet subscription
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:15 PM »
For some so-called pilot project Microsoft is giving away Technet subscriptions. via downloadsquad

First had trouble getting in using various browsers and now that I got in keys seem unavailable when I try. Various other reports confirm the same. Details of the pilot project seem sketchy too but worth a try if someone likes access to various MS product keys, downloads and help.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MS Technet subscription
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33 PM »
This promotion was a reward for filling out a survey for MS available to a select few. Once MS caught on that the giveaway link was being used by everyone and their brother they shut it down.

Don't feel bad for not making it in, reports are trickling in that illegitimate accounts are getting shut down.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:30 PM »
lol @ Microsoft, all it took was a link after filling a survey to grant access? Even I can set up better access restrictions  :P

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Microsoft history is full of silly mistakes like that. My favorite one, and one I got in on, was back in the days of Windows 98. You could fill out a request form on their web site & you'd get four CDs in the mail for trial of their products: One was a time-limited copy of Windows 98, the second disc was Microsoft Office, the third was Microsoft Publisher, and the fourth was something I forgot.

It was a great promotion for Microsoft till someone realized that the Windows 98  disc was the only one time-limited. Everything else was full retail products...corporate versions that didn't require serial key input, too.

Ahh...good times.

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Can anyone provide me a working coupon for Technet Plus? Google has failed.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:37 PM »
There are none, unfortunately. This was an anomaly in that one of MS's promotions for a select few escaped into the wild, but they came back and shut it down with a vengeance. I hear the people who got account access illegitimately not only got their accounts shut down, but any product keys that they were able to obtain were quickly revoked and put on the WGA blacklists.

Only way you are going to find a valid coupon code, it seems, is for MS to want you to have one & it'll appear in your email box. Otherwise, you'll be out here looking in with the rest of us poor schlubs.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 01:53 PM »
There are laws in some countries where when an transaction has occurred it can't be revoked. As in you checked and accepted TOS or similar and they sent you a confirmation email with a receipt (says zero dollars in this case but it is still an official receipt). The question is anybody going to challenge MS over a technet subscription.