ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: GUI enhanced start up delayer

(1/3) > >>

GSz:
I've had this idea since DOS had the option to provide a delayed startup of it's config.sys and autoexec.bat files via a keyboard click.

And ever since I found Startup Delayer from r2 studios I've been using it, and it's great.
The editing GUI is actually fantastic, although some tweaks would be even better, bet overall it's fantastic, and cover everything needed.

But....
The startup launching GUI is a bit too simplistic, and could be enhanced with a simple functionally which is currently missing:

A better handling of the startup process, namely:
- provide an expand button that will display the current list of delayed application which are scheduled to run.
- provide check-boxes near each item, allowing on-the-fly disabling/enabling of startup apps.
- [next step] drop down list of predefined "startup sets" which have different sets of applications enabled.

adding these to the startup delayer starter GUI would improve my life tenfold.

NOTE: The code snack should only implement the Startup launcher GUI and not the editor GUI - it currently works pretty well.
So the new code snack should read the settings from r2 Studio's Startup Delayer ini files. (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\r2 Studios\Startup Delayer\ and the user folder too)

Hope you get interested enough to check out the software and to improve it, if you find the challenge in par to you skills.

Thanks for this great site, and to you - great people.
Truly Yours
Gal Szkolnik

skwire:
I've had this idea since DOS had the option to provide a delayed startup of it's config.sys and autoexec.bat files via a keyboard click.

And ever since I found Startup Delayer from r2 studios I've been using it, and it's great.
The editing GUI is actually fantastic, although some tweaks would be even better, bet overall it's fantastic, and cover everything needed.

But....
The startup launching GUI is a bit too simplistic, and could be enhanced with a simple functionally which is currently missing:
-GSz (June 03, 2009, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gal, have you approached the original author of this app?  That might be the easiest way to get your ideas implemented.

GSz:
Although a long time ago, I did, but never got a reply - I'll try again anyway, maybe even get the guy interested in this site (now that's a good idea :-) )

I'll post an update once I get / don't get any replies.

GSz:
Nothing yet from the original developer - any of you guys want to have a look?

yksyks:
I'm using Startup Delayer for a long time and it perfectly saved me from many troubles. I'm missing just one thing--inserting an item, i.e.., shifting all entries from some point at once.

- provide check-boxes near each item, allowing on-the-fly disabling/enabling of startup apps.
--- End quote ---

Are we using the same version 2.5.138? The check-boxes are already there, exactly as you want them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version