topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Odd Install Message  (Read 3390 times)

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Non-Event: The Daniel Headrick Saga
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Odd Install Message
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Hello all:
I've got another one for ya guys:

I ran across this freeware program FreeMeter. I don't really remember where I found it, but I guess that's trivial. What my question is, is that upon going through the installation I get a strange message that needs attention prior to running the install. I have attached the window in question, so you can see it for yourself. I just want to know if this something that I should steer clear of, or if it's a 'no big deal' sort of thing.

As usual, any help/input/suggestions are very much appreciated!

BTW, I've mentioned here that due to my financial issues from being on disability has thwarted my desire to throw some cash donations your way. Good news has come around: due to the market my new lease has lowered my rent by $60 starting in July! In my world, and in Tulsa in general, this is a very good thing. That leaves me with some money to spend on non-essentials each month. I plan to donate to DC when the rent lowers! You guys have gone above and beyond the 'call of duty', and have been more than accommodating. I very much want to give something back. Anyway, that was totally off-topic, but I wanted to throw that out there.
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Odd Install Message
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 03:27 AM »
IMHO this is just a case of using too many words for System Restore point.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:54 AM »
It's a common thing to find this with an installer.
The installation will just copy some files to a backup folder instead of simply overwriting the existing versions of them.
That way, if you decide to uninstall the program the uninstaller can put those files back.
Not something to worry about as long as you're checking freeware etc. for viruses.

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Non-Event: The Daniel Headrick Saga
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Okay, I didn't think it was a big deal, but wanted to make sure. I use the System Restore feature constantly, creating a restore point prior to any significant changes.

Thanks a million!
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!