topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: shortcuts to my applications does not work  (Read 4718 times)

pasglop91

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
shortcuts to my applications does not work
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Hi

My pc is Vista Premium SP1, Circle Dock is 0.9.2.Alpha 8.
I created a folder in d:\softwares\circle_dock\ and put the circle dock application on it.
I created a new folder d:\softwares\kompozer\ and put the kompozer application in it, I did a new icon and give the pathname to this application --> no problem at all
I created a new icon, with a pathname to my excel application (c:\program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Excel.exe) and it does not work ! when I click on this icon I can see the error message "Windows can not find 'd:\Program files\Microsoft office\... etc)  :mad:

I did the same for a simple folder, the folder at d:\folder1 is ok, but the folder at c:\folder1 or even at e:\myfolder can not be opened.

So it looks that the Circle dock application MUST be installed into c:\Program files folder and that it can not use absolut pathname to applications outside this program files folder.

Am I wrong ?

NeoRoth

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: shortcuts to my applications does not work
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Hi
You can uncheck "Enable Portability Mode" inside general configuration for resolve your probleme.
Sans-titre.png