ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where did your DC user I.D come from?

<< < (12/14) > >>

cuggie:
My Grandfather gave me the name "cuggie" because of a sound I kept making as a baby.

Crush:
My first nick to sign sourcecodes was Catweazle as I started coding on a Sinclair ZX81 and later on C64 & Amiga. In 1991 I founded with a friend a demogroup on Amiga called Crush. The productivity of most members wasn´t good enough and the group died. So I decided to use the name alone dropping Catweazle.

ToxMox:
The story of ToxMox begins over 20 years ago...

Back in 7th grade my best friend got me heavily into the BBS scene.  In one of my math books someone had scrawled the following phrase in pencil:  "Sight unseen. Sound unheard. Who could it be but The Hing Hoo Bird!"

Thinking this was hilarious I decided to use The Hing Hoo Bird as my handle.  My best friend was The Atomic Scientist.

Within a year we both wanted cooler sounding names.  We started combining harmless things with nasty things and our new nicknames were born:  Me: Toxic Marshmallow.  Him:  Regurgitated Fluff.

We started a little digital art group called RAD (Radioactive Artistic Designers) and released 8 RADDEMOs featuring our creations.

At this point we merged with another bigger art group called SDA (Silicon Dream Artists) and became Senior Staff members.  Things were moving fast.  Shortly thereafter we merged into iCE (Insane Creators Enterprise) and became Senior Staff.

Years later when I was in college we used to chill on #ice on EFNET on IRC all the time.  Another senior staff member Friar Tuck got sick of calling me Toxic Marshmallow and came up with the shorter ToxMox and it has stuck ever since.

40hz:
So my role on DC is to be blamed for anything bad that happens? Hmm I knew I had a meaning in life :P
-Loki15 (June 29, 2009, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Got the serpent, the cup, and the girl all ready and waiting should that happen. ;D

cappydawg:
Well my 2yr  old cockerpoo's name is Cappy and his nickname is Cappydawg so I just adopted for a user name.  I like it.!!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version