ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where did your DC user I.D come from?

<< < (5/14) > >>

Darwin:
I am honestly not sure where this came from. I just picked letters using the randomization formula from mouser's prize picker for the monthly giveaways. This is the result!
-Josh (June 03, 2009, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're joshing!

Stoic Joker:
While I tend to be expressionless I do have a rather dry (and sometimes dark) sense of humor. A long time friend (who died a few years back) used to like needling me about my Stoic Behavior. ...and the name was born. The moniker has been with me for almost 20 years.

There is a rather vulgar (johnny-Come-Lately) child running around the web also using the name in connection with branded parties in California ...(No Connection to Me)... That I once suffered the mindless driveling rants of via Email (Seems he wanted my domain name). But I'm assuming he'll grow-up and go away eventually.

gpetrant:
Originally, my (x)friends used to call me Einstein at college.  And not in a complimentary way, either.  In fact, they did it to humiliate me, out of jealousy because I found the holy grail of physics: I solved the unification of the four forces problem.  I'm still startled by the elegance of my solution:

Fs = strong nuclear force 
Fe = electromagnetic force
Fw = weak nuclear force 
Fg = gravitational force 

Fs + Fe + Fw > Fg

Fg < Sa

Sa > Fs + Fe + Fw

Since Sa is greater than Fs + Fe + Fw, and Fg is lesser than Fs + Fe + Fw, then Fg < Fs + Fe + Fw + Sa or Sa > Fs + Fe + Fw + Fg.  Therefore, there is a force greater than the combined four forces.  If there is a force greater than the combined four forces, then they can't be unified unless Sa is a rational number.  Unfortunately, although Sa (sexual attraction) is real, it is also irrational.  And it is greater than the four forces combined. 

Upon termination of my scholarship, and a sound paddling from the dean in front of the student body, I decided to go back to my roots.  Shywolf is my North American Indian name, and the non de plumage under which I write.

PhilB66:
Hi, the pronounciation does actually throw people off because of the three vowels in a row. The E is silent really, so it's pronounced exactly like the word 'own'.

The other Gaelic spelling is Eoghan, the English would spell it Owen.
-Eóin (June 03, 2009, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I spent a year in Wolverhampton in the late 90's and had great trouble understanding the locals... I would not survive Ireland for sure.

4wd:
Well mine's rather boring - I like four-wheel driving and bashing around in the bush :)

I've used it as an ISP account login for about 15-20 years.

The only times I haven't been able to use it was because it either:

a) started with a number - I can't even use it on my NAS because POSIX is so anal about it.
b) it's too short - honestly, does it really matter Mr. Gmail?
c) both (a) and (b) - sheesh!

The avatar is just a video of the kind of stupid things we get up to while camping - although they are rather impressive and we have had more than one shout of "Encore!" at various camping sites :D

I should change it but at this point it would feel like having plastic surgery to hide my identity  ;D-Darwin (June 03, 2009, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps a chimp morphing into Amud ?

Or vice versa, since that seems to be the current direction of human intelligence1 ?

1 - Disclaimer: I'm not implying in anyway that chimps are dumb, in fact I've never seen any animal be so creative with poop as chimps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version