ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where did your DC user I.D come from?

<< < (4/14) > >>

Josh:
I am honestly not sure where this came from. I just picked letters using the randomization formula from mouser's prize picker for the monthly giveaways. This is the result!

rgdot:
I am honestly not sure where this came from. I just picked letters using the randomization formula from mouser's prize picker for the monthly giveaways. This is the result!
-Josh (June 03, 2009, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Edvard:
My real name is Eddy and in crafting a web persona, I waffled between two names, 'edvard' and 'hpp3'; 'edvard' being a more esoteric form of 'Eddy', and 'hpp3' being a rotation (try writing hpp3 on a piece of paper and rotate it 180... clever, no?).

'edvard' was what was on my mind when I came here so there it is.
I've also found 'edvard' is quite a bit more anonymous. :)

P.S. If you google "hpp3" you'll get a few hits on some Linux sites (that's me!) and lots of references to the Hypertech Power Programmer electronic engine performance mod chip thingummy. I have no interest in things of that sort, so that's not where it comes from... in case anyone was wondering.

cranioscopical:
Shhh!If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

TucknDar:
Any die hard Sonic Youth fan will know ;)

But to anyone else: 'Tuck N Dar' is the title of a track on the soundtrack to a movie called 'Made in USA'. All the tracks on the soundtrack are by Sonic Youth, and I happened to be listening to this album the very first time I needed an online nick for some IRC chatting. I liked the title 'Tuck N Dar' so just picked that for my nick, and it stuck. Must've been something like 10-12 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version