ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

weird error using FARR to open explorer window

(1/3) > >>

coderunner:
I get a weird error sometimes (I'd say close to ~50%) when I use FARR to open a
location on my computer using windows explorer.  The error is I type the location to
open, and then nothing happens.  I have to open the location a 2nd or 3rd time through
FARR for windows explorer to actually open the location.  Any help or ideas is
much appreciated.

Apologies if this has already be covered and fixed.  I wasn't really sure what to
search for to find a fix but nothing I did try came up with a fix.

Thanks!

mouser:
welcome coderunner  :up:

can i clarify what your saying happens:

* you type in some location (like c:\windows\)
* then you do what? hit enter to open it?
* and nothing happens?
* and then you repeat this process several times and eventually it does open?
if so, can i ask:
what happens when you hit enter (or double click) to open the folder -- does farr dissapear or just stay there?
do you have a custom file explorer set in your farr options?
do you have any plugins installed -- if so, if you remove them does the error cease?

Enzomaticus:
I have this happen as well using Directory Opus. First time I hit enter nothing happens, although FARR does disappear. If I d/click it with the mouse it works. Doesn't happen 50% though - I'd say 10% of the time. It also only started once I installed dopus.

skajfes:
I am using Directory Opus with FARR and have no problem whatsoever. I must note that I installed Directory Opus to replace explorer completely, and I haven't defined a custom file browser in FARR.

Maybe it is the problem with ShellExecuteMethod option?

mouser:
is it possible that:
Dir Opus has a commandline option flag that you need to pass?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version