ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TB! Connection to host broken... "DELE 414", "RETR 423" over and over??

(1/6) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I have been trying to re-establish  TheBAT! as my primary email client, but I have been stuck on the following log error for days and nothing I have tried has helped.

6/1/2009, 01:01:17: FETCH - receiving mail messages
 6/1/2009, 01:01:18: FETCH - connected to POP3 server
 6/1/2009, 01:01:18: FETCH - authenticated (plain)
 6/1/2009, 01:01:26: FETCH - 12730 messages in the mailbox, 12308 new
!6/1/2009, 01:02:47: FETCH - Connection to host broken (last commands sent were: "DELE 414", "RETR 423")

Other than the times and the number of messages the logs are always the same.  I realize "DELE 414", "RETR 423" means Delete message 414 and Retrieve message 432, respectively, but what I do not understand is WHY it is hanging on those messages?

The next step will be to destroy my TB! mail file and re-download all the mails from the server.  I don't mind this, except I have over a hundred folders (years of mails) and about the same number of filters.

mouser:
i know you were trying antispam sniper, have you tried disabling that and see if it works. if it does work after that,
then do what i suggested before, and configure all your accounts to NOT delete from the server.

CodeTRUCKER:
i know you were trying antispam sniper, have you tried disabling that and see if it works. if it does work after that,
then do what i suggested before, and configure all your accounts to NOT delete from the server.
-mouser (June 01, 2009, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I already disabled the AntiSpamSniper.  The error persists.  I can only guess at what is happening.

mouser:
well you have 12000+ "new" emails on your server.. something is up.. i wonder if that alone would kill the mail program.

CodeTRUCKER:
well you have 12000+ "new" emails on your server.. something is up.. i wonder if that alone would kill the mail program.
-mouser (June 01, 2009, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like something is corrupted in the "flags" in TheBAT! or on the server.  I am going to try setting about 500 mails on the server to "New" and then reset them to "Read" and see what happens.

Be right back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version