ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A small tweak to DC forum for Firefox & K-meleon users (enhances visited links)

(1/3) > >>

app103:
I like the look of the forum, and its colors but sometimes the lack of contrast between visited/unvisited links makes the visited links not obvious enough for me.

So I created a tweak to userContent.css that can be used in both Firefox and k-Meleon to change the visited link color from a lighter shade of blue, to purple. This doesn't affect all visited links on the site because that really looked bad. It just affects some of them...the ones I feel are the most important to have more contrast on.

Installing it is relatively simple.

Firefox:

In your Firefox profile folder is a userContent.css file (might not be there if you never set it up before, but there is an example file with a slightly different name)

Path to file:

on Win2k/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your name)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[random looking chars].default\chrome\userContent.css
on Vista/Win7: C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[random looking chars].default\chrome\userContent.css

* Open the file in Notepad (or create the file if it doesn't exist) and paste in the code, save, and restart your browser.
K-Meleon:

* Go to the Edit menu in K-Meleon, and under Configuration, select User-Defined Stylesheet. This will open a file named userContent.css in Notepad.
* In the userContent.css file, go all the way to the bottom and locate the line that tells you not to edit anything below it.
* Paste in the code right above that line and save the file.
* Restart your browser.
The code:

Spoiler
--- Code: CSS ---/* BEGIN DonationCoder tweaks */@-moz-document domain("donationcoder.com") {        a:visited{                color: #aa00aa !important; /* make this one the color you want */        }        #topnavbar a:visited {                color:#6495ED !important;        }        .maintab_active_back a:visited {                color:white !important;        }        .maintab_back a:visited{                color:white !important;        }        .catbg a:visited{                color:blue !important;        }        .nav a:visited {                color:#1E5164 !important;        }        .windowbgdc2 a:visited{                color:#2E6FCC !important;        }        .mirrortab_back a:visited{                color:white !important;        }        .mirrortab_active_back a:visited{                color:white !important;        }        .titlebg a:visited{                color:black !important;        }        #topbannerSubtitle a:visited{                color:#d90000 !important;        }} /* END DonationCoder tweaks */

Screenshot of what it does:

Before:

After:

Grorgy:
thanks app, makes life a lot easier, i use various firefox and windows themes so colours get a bit confused at times.  For any one else who cuts and pastes like I did, it put in a lot of # characters between lines which need to be removed.

app103:
For any one else who cuts and pastes like I did, it put in a lot of # characters between lines which need to be removed.
-Grorgy (June 01, 2009, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not if you click this little link:

Grorgy:
ahhh never thought of that little link lol  :-[

mouser:
nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version