ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Linux adventure: A Blog for linux newbees by a Linux Newbee...

(1/4) > >>

brotman:
Hey Y'all,

I've Just made the Leap to Linux [Ubunto 9.04]. I did this mostly to learn something new, to check out the Linux hype and to see whether Linux might be a suitable alternative to windows, for me. To further complicate Matters.  I decided to keep track of my progress by way of a Blog [my first].  I think this can serve as a journal for myself, and as a warning system, for others who may try to follow this path. I.e.  let others learn from my mistakes, so maybe they can avoid making them themselves.   I did this as a Dual boot with XP on my laptop (NOT my main machine!)  If anyone is interested in checking out and/or commenting on my blog and/or following my progress (or lack of progress) please,Come on over to http://chuckstartslinux.blogspot.com

brotman:
And OBTW, how about a sub-forum just for Linux, or even just for Linux Newbies?????

mouser:
great stuff brotman, i'm going to bookmark it to follow and see how you do.  thanks for sharing with us  :up:

as for linux section.. we keep almost making one..  can't find the thread where we discussed it.. anyone know the thread i'm talking about?

40hz:
Hey Chuck:

Welcome to the Realm of the Penguin!

I'll be following your blog with a great deal of interest. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

as for linux section.. we keep almost making one..  can't find the thread where we discussed it.. anyone know the thread i'm talking about?
-mouser (May 31, 2009, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13656.0 8)

Innuendo:
I'm going to be following your blog with interest, brotman. Ever since I got both a wireless router and a NAS that are both running Linux I have been thinking it'd be a good idea to learn something about Linux so I can leverage the power in these devices more.

The problem has been Windows 7 has been too good for me ot walk away from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version