ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Feature request: "toggle variables"

(1/1)

kunkel321:
Hi, tried to post on the "official feature request" thread, but didn't see how.  :huh:

What I'd like to be able to do is have a series of variables that can be set as a group to "A" or "B."
Example Content:
==============================
Dear parent,
This is to notify you that your [son|daughter] will be graduating soon.  [He|she] will need [his|her] cap and gown fitted for [him|her] prior to graduation.

Then I could choose between [A|B] in one location and the choice would be propagated through the entire document.  Does that make sense?
I'm not sure how this would work...  I guess there would need to be a special kind of radio group such as
=========
()female
=========
There would have to be a way for TFLM to know what group each of the toggle variables corresponded to... ... ...
Maybe this:

Tree group:
=========
()female
=========

Text body:
Dear parent,
This is to notify you that your [Gender:son|daughter] will be graduating soon.  [Gender:He|she] will need [Gender:his|her] cap and gown fitted for [Gender:him|her] prior to graduation.

Did that even make sense?  This is rather cumbersome... Do other people have ideas?
Thanks for considering this  ;D  -steve

mouser:
sorry for the delayed reply.. makes complete sense, but there is currently no way to do this..
however i am currently planning a new version of TFLM (and most notably a web version), and this will be one of the features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version