topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Columnist Central  (Read 10349 times)

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Columnist Central
« on: December 10, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Hi all! I thought that since we've archived the old columnist central that we could have a columnist central forum. Mouser said I should give it a shot...so in the DC spirit, let's give it a go and see what happens! :)

VRGrrl

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Columnist Central
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:26 PM »
absolutely!

i encourage our past columnists to post here in this section, just start a new thread like
"VRGRRL COLUMN 12/10/05 - title"

and post contents in the post.
i'm going to try to bring back the older columns as threads here as soon as i get the time.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 02:05 PM »
yeah, good idea, it would be nice to read new things from VRGrrl and the rest. i'm beginning to miss the columns now.

hopefully they will be read by more people this time around.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 02:20 PM »
i think it will be MUCH MUCH easier for people to follow them now that they will be on the forum.

note all the old blogs are still available here until i move them properly into this section:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Columns

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 02:57 PM »
cool, thanks mouser! yeah, nudone, i'm missing everyone's columns now too! i think that this is a good way to bring them back. i know that people never knew when in the day we'd post the column entries and that was frustrating for many. now people don't have to check two places and can see when we've made a new comment more easily.

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 04:28 PM »
> columnist central forum.

very fine  :Thmbsup: THX

> i think it will be MUCH MUCH easier for people to follow them now that they will be on the forum.
Absolutely!

X  
 X 
  X

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Bum, I'm going to have to start thinking again <scratches head>

Oh well - it is a good idea though ;)

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I think the purpose to have a blog is to have it separate from the forum.  I realize I am the only one here that probably feels that way, but I figured I'd say something.  I thought the old columns/blogs were great!  I just think there were just some flaws in the way they were presented visually.  I also miss them, but more so in a separate format like they were.

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 04:26 PM »
hey vegas, yeah i liked the blog format too -- maybe we can bring them back after a short trial with forum blogs instead. mouser's always up for a new experiment on the site. maybe we can all figure out something new that will be easy to follow along with? there seems to be pros and cons with both but maybe there's a solution that will be something new and fun?

blorum? fogger? lol...ok, maybe we shouldn't start with what it might be called... :)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 09:29 AM »
would it be going too far to have the 'column/blog' section back as it was and also duplicate the articles so that they are displayed somewhere in the forum at the same time.

or, at least, have the 'intro' paragraph posted somewhere in the forum with a link to the full article in the 'columns/blog' section.

i'm just trying to think of a way to get more attention for the blogs - dedicated readers would check the blogs regularly, i know, but as they weren't strictly regular i think a lot of casual readers gave up.

having a short post in the forum, announcing that a new article was up, would hopefully entice a few more readers. and for those not interested they could quickly pass it by after reading the intro.

???????????