topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DC Boardgame Day Gathering in Champaign, IL USA this week - DCers welcome  (Read 3937 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Following up on the DC gathering in january (see this thread), gothic (the dc server admin) and his wife traci are visiting me again for a few days, to drop off a cat that i'll be supervising for a few months while they are in Belgium on vacation.

Anyway, i've become a bit of a board game person and we'll probably plan on spending a good part of a day this weekend playing various boardgames.  If anyone is close enough to drive over for the day, I'd like to invite you to come over and join us.

I suppose it's an open secret by now that these DC "Gatherings" are nothing more than when one dc member visits one other (so much for having a massive CodyCon 2010).. But it never hurts to ask, and don't worry if you are the type of person that feels awkward at social gatherings.  Only requirement for this visit is that you have the stamina to get through many hours of playing games you don't really understand.  Just let me know if you'd like to come and i'll get you directions and we can figure out exactly what day it will be.

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ah damn, I LOVE playing board games too. Too bad we're not even on the same continent :(
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
have fun, guys! :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Reports of board-y games involving multiple felines are best kept to the adult section...