ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tell me what your software DOESN'T do... (a rant)

<< < (5/5)

rodgarnett:
Hello Folks. I made a donation and found that I didn't understand what you were doing so I gave it away and left. I then bought programs from a company called  Ashampoo and they all had conflicts with my vista 32 new Acer computer. If I type with hotmail and hit the tab key my email just disappears and I have no clue where it goes. My video card makes every page I open flicker and try to download a half dozen times before it does a final open. I also need to download flash player every time a page comes up that requires a flash player.I have a new HP C7280 all in one printer and it will not work. drivers are missing for vista. If I make it my default printer explorer keeps freezing and shutting down. I am so limited since I broke my neck and back that I can't keep my thoughts stable to get through all the crazy instructions full of industry words most of us never understand. I also only have one finger to type with. doing these notes takes so much effort and Acer and Microsoft just brush me off or confuse the blazes out of me with instructions;That I can't follow. i wish i could use some of your simple programs that work and never use the default programs again. I will take any free programs that may help me keep my sanity.I will also do my best to review them and explain how they work with vista home premium. God Bless Rod Garnett

OldElmerFudd:
I think it will never happen. No one will ever point out all weaknesses of his software
--- End quote ---
which is why it's a good idea of a feature to look for on review sites.
-mouser (May 11, 2009, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point, Mouser. Most of my computer time is spent with graphic and audio software. Whenever I hear of something new, I look through the website for features, check the forums carefully (if there is one), and do a search for reviews and discussions. Newsgroups, from Corel and Adobe for example, have been valuable sources of information.

In certain respects, I'm like most users; I rarely explore all the capabilities of many of the programs I rely on. For the most part, that's because what I do use fits my needs so precisely, there's little reason to delve into them farther. <vbg>

2 penny Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version