ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 evaluation

<< < (11/17) > >>

MilesAhead:
I saw that too.  But I thought I remembered another answer. You might look on Annoyances.org.  Sounds like something that would pop up there.

Hirudin:
Thanks for the tip, unfortuantely it did not help.

Only thing I was able to find quickly and since I didn't know what exactly to searh for was make Win7 x64 use all your mem…. Unfortuantely that did not help me, the option it says to uncheck was already unchecked.

-mrHappy (July 08, 2009, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll just throw this out there since this is Windows we're talking about: try unchecking it, restarting, then checking it, and restarting again. Of course the restarts may not be necessary, but they'll make sure the settings are saved.

mrHappy:
I've already tried checking/unchecking and unfortuantely that didn't do anything. I had hoped it would.

Also took a look at Annoyances.org, unfortuantely the only thing I could find on that site was an answer to use 64bit to see (use) all memory. Good answer, unfortuantely not for me.

Eóin:
Any chance Win7 might be spotting a fault with one of the ram sticks (assuming there's 4 1gb ones of course) ? Maybe run a ram check.

mrHappy:
After a look through the bios once more I found what I was looking for, one line of text reading Appropriated 640mb lead me to find that my board does not have support for memory remap, asus have never released a bios that supports it.

So it look like I need a new motherboard before I can make use of all my memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version