ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

computer repair software

(1/2) > >>

techidave:
I am looking for a simple piece of software that will allow me to track computer repairs.  I am wanting to track hardware replacement type stuff only, not software.  I have around 250 computers school wide and I am just starting to run into hardware failures and memory failurs due to the age of the computers.

I don't know that much about databases so I do not consider that an option for me to build one from scratch.

any ideas?  preferably free.

Dave

Shades:
I don't know about the amount of PC's it can handle, but the free version of SpiceWorks seems to be a good solution for your problem. As far as I know you can keep a hardware history from each of the PC's that SpiceWorks monitors.

techidave:
I shall give it a closer look.  But I was looking for something that didn't scan my network.

MilesAhead:
I've seen people use version control software as problem tracking.  I know there are free version control programs out there.  But I'm not familiar with them. I just know some can be adapted to repair tracking or bug tracking type stuff. I would think some would be able to generate reports.

wr975:
Here's a simple Access database. Perhaps you'll find it useful.

Another simple solution would be to use Treepad Light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version