ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How fast is Microsoft? (Re: Has any one held off on upgrading to Firefox 1.5?)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Sorry to continue the argument ... but ...

MS only have themsleves to blame for the bad press. They very rarely innovate and are almost always playing catchup. Even the original version of MSDOS that set up the company was a bit of a ripoff of others work.

I find it quite amusing when they talk about intellectual rights - over the last 40 years they have used practically every other companies  rights to their own ends, and even on ocassions then sued the company who had the original idea when they have bastardised their product out of recognition ...

Sorry easy to get into rant mode.

Sad thing is that nowadays there really isn't a truly viable alternative except for Apple (sorry Linux does not support a lot of the apps or hardware I want/need to use) - and Apple continuously shoot themselves in the foot by their ridiculous prices and 'style-guru' posturing.

brotherS:
We are talking about product quality, not anything else.
-db90h (December 20, 2005, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
You think people buy Microsoft products because of quality? I doubt that... Especially in a business environment you are often *forced* to have Office installed since many third-party software is based on Office components. Sad, but true.

I'm not saying Microsoft is all evil and that they can't code anything good, my main concern is just that they are using their monopoly a bit too much and are SLOW.

If Microsoft would have a monopoly manufacturing USB sticks, they wouldn't be the tiny, light-weight, often great looking sticks available now, but more looking like this:

mouser:
hahahahaahaha

jazper:
I will say this, I (am?) was a huge FireFox fan. I still really am.  However after beta testing IE7(yes, it's look and appearances mimic FF) I can see myself shifting back to IE7.  The one thing, that I really kept an eye out for is Memory!  If anyone on this forum disagree's with me, then  you haven't paid attention to the amount of RAM that FF sucks up.  FireFox is absolutely horrible at memory management.  I'm tired of looking at my processes to see that FF is consuming well in excess of 125mb of ram.  IE7 thus far has NOT had this problem. And because of this, and other more minor features, I will definately switch to IE7.  IE7 has the same features as FF, imo.  I will say, that IE7 security is a concern(because of past history) however, I'm willing to take that chance. I see MS, making advances in security, finally, so I'm coming to terms with it.

j.

mouser:
im curious to see how the other ie based browsers react to ie7, and whether ms will make life harder for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version