ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How fast is Microsoft? (Re: Has any one held off on upgrading to Firefox 1.5?)

(1/4) > >>

brotherS:
Yes, Microsoft isn't sitting idly by and letting this happen. You can bet they are going to look closely at what has made Firefox popular (other than it being open-source), and emulate those things in IE 7. In fact, IE 7 beta already has tabbed browsing and a download manager (I think).
-db90h (December 18, 2005, 08:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
"already"? :D
I've been using tabbed browsing since about 2 years now, it's unbelievable how SLOW Microsoft is.

db90h:
If history is any judge, Microsoft is last to respond, but do so best. From Windows to the XBox. People don't give Microsoft enough credit.. but, it's hard to be a fan of 'big brother'.

db90h

brotherS:
If history is any judge, Microsoft is last to respond, but do so best. From Windows to the XBox. People don't give Microsoft enough credit.. but, it's hard to be a fan of 'big brother'.
-db90h (December 19, 2005, 05:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can't agree. Microsoft may sometimes do "quite good", but if history shows anything in this case, it's that they were forced to pay bigger and bigger sums to other companies for stealing ideas/violating patents etc.

At the same time, they spend more and more on marketing...

Hirudin:
~$250 for office Standard Edition.

They've got to be out of their minds...

db90h:
Consumers don't care how much Microsoft pays in royalties/fines/licensing fees. We are talking about product quality, not anything else. I won't try to defend Microsoft further, as there is no winning such an argument here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version