ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Fscript error

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
this same error was posted on other threads about farr plugin fscript problems..

lanux has suddenly started getting this error.. and i cant figure out why:
Script error in .\fscript.js : Automation server can't create object
--- End quote ---

it seems to be related to this call:
var fso=ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

does that shed any clue?

mouser:
this seems relevant:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/6c5b3c2a-d3da-432c-b304-be90b802e29b

and:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jledgard/archive/2004/08/23/automation-server-can-t-create-object-and-other-vs-2002-2003-start-page-problems-issues-and-bugs.aspx

mouser:
it seems like the root of this problem might be security issue where windows doesnt want to allow the js to create such a filesystem object.

ecaradec if you are reading this -- i wonder if one solution might be to let the fscript.js ASK THE FScript.dll for a pointer to a FileSystemObject activex object?

might that solve the problem where windows doesnt trust js to create an activex, but the dll would have no problem doing so?

ecaradec:
Hello mouser,
I'm not sure it will fix the issue. I've put the jscript engine in unsafe mode to avoid those verifications. The origin of the issue came from the FileSystemScript object. I could build a test project that does a CoCreateInstance on FileSystemObject first and test it on some computer that has the issue. What do you think ?

mouser:
well anything you want to try is worth trying -- i know lanux is nice enough to test and report.

my idea was not very well formed and i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't feasible.  i guess what i was thinking is that the javascript engine might be operatung uin a restrictive mode due to security and would be refusing to create the ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").  But that the DLL would not be operating under such restrictions and would thus be able to create it and pass it to the js.

alternatively, maybe the local browser control used by FARR could create the object and pass it along?

or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version