ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you organize your email?

<< < (5/5)

mouser:
I was just watching gothic use claws mail (formerly sylpheed claws mentioned above by housetier) and it's pretty impressive and looks almost identical to thebat, which is my email program of choice on windows.  Gothic says it's probably more a program for power users, but if you are a fan of thebat on Windows and are looking for an alternative to thunderbird on linux, it's definitely worth a look.

cettolox:
I use outlook 2003, use rules to folders for important mails (work ones) and put all personal mail in a "personal" folder, uncategorized.

I alse have created a favorite meta-folder (that is my very home folder) called "Inbox & Sent" (outlook calls it a "search folder"): my objective is to let this folder be empty. So I always file mails from this "meta-folder" to real folders. With this trick I have real folders that contain not only the received mail, but alse the mail I sent.
In this way I can export/save/share/search a folder about a certain subject being sure that it contains mails received as well as mails I sent.

And then I also use www.x1.com for extensive and quick searches on the whole pst file.

By to all,

/Stefano
-cettolox (September 13, 2006, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now, beyond what I wrote up here, I use also "conversation" grouping (ordered by received time), so that every conversation (thread) that gets a new message in it is automatically moved to the top of the "inbox and sent" folder.

/Stefano

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version