ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

office word 2003 question

<< < (2/2)

cranioscopical:
mm if I have not numeric keypad (laptop keyboard) it won't work by typing it in the number keys in row above the letters?-kalos (May 30, 2009, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, it won't work that way.

You could use Insert menu/Symbol
The symbol palette that appears has a button that will let you assign a shortcut key to 'type' whatever symbol is selected in the palette.

You could use that until someone more proficient that I gives you a better answer (I don't use Word if I can help it).

AndyM:
You could use Insert menu/Symbol
The symbol palette that appears has a button that will let you assign a shortcut key to 'type' whatever symbol is selected in the palette.

You could use that until someone more proficient that I gives you a better answer (I don't use Word if I can help it).
-cranioscopical (May 30, 2009, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

No better way.  Either use the Insert Symbol dialog or assign a hotkey.

Kalos - if you don't like an autocorrection when it happens, a Ctrl-z will undo only the autocorrection.  It takes 2 Ctrl-z's to completely undo a corrected entry - one for the autocorrection, the second to undo the original entry. 

nudone:
[edit: sorry just read that AndyM mentioned the undo trick in the above post. try the double -- to creat an m-dash though.]

here's a trick:

don't disable the autocorrect feature to change - to – (n-dash to m-dash).

now if you type - (an n-dash) and word autocorrects it to – (an m-dash) then just hit CTRL + Z to undo the autocorrect action, you'll get your original - (n-dash) back.

if you want an – (an m-dash), you can can type two -- (n-dashes) next to each other and word should autocorrect it to – (an m-dash) for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version