topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Strange display of Favorites on IE7/Vista  (Read 2797 times)

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Strange display of Favorites on IE7/Vista
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:26 AM »
Hi,
I recently came across a rather strange display problem when using IE7 on Vista.  The favorites bar, instead of displaying favicons and names like "Windows Update" on the favorites bar, now display the .url icon and names like "Windows Update.url".  All favorites are displayed with the .url suffix. 

It's all the more annoying that I already came across this problem several months ago on the same machine.  I had to restore the system disk to a time where it was not solved and it's back !  But I can't remember how I did it.  I thought it was just an uninstall of the Google Toolbar, but I did the same thing, and it's still there.  I am also pretty sure it is not related to the fact that the shell doesn't hide file extensions when they are known.

A first look on google was not successful. 

If you have an idea ...

Thanks.
.merle1.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Strange display of Favorites on IE7/Vista (Solved !)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:08 AM »
I went into the Configuration Panel, went to setup default programs, I just chose to re-associate .url to IE and the problem is solved !
.merle1.