ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Read/Unread PM Counts

<< < (2/3) > >>

cranioscopical:
When I receive a new message I see that I have a new message and some unread....
-Josh (May 22, 2009, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

"When I receive a new message" being the key phrase ... that's not the slightest bit helpful (at-a-glance) for us forgetful old farts that want to know whats up (at-a-glance) without having to remember if we were assailed with a new message prompt in the recent past.
-Stoic Joker (May 22, 2009, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't the 'new  message' indicator stay until the message is read?

Stoic Joker:
When I receive a new message I see that I have a new message and some unread....
--- End quote ---

"When I receive a new message" being the key phrase ... that's not the slightest bit helpful (at-a-glance) for us forgetful old farts that want to know whats up (at-a-glance) without having to remember if we were assailed with a new message prompt in the recent past.
--- End quote ---

Doesn't the 'new  message' indicator stay until the message is read?
-cranioscopical (May 22, 2009, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well... That's kinda my point ... I Don't Remember. ;)

Too many different forums, with too many different layouts ... So I'd be nice if it just said x of y ...at-a-glance.

CodeTRUCKER:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Doesn't the 'new  message' indicator stay until the message is read?
-cranioscopical (May 22, 2009, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is no difference in the number even after reading the PM.  That is the point.  All Stoic Joker (my comrade in myopia) and I are seeing at the top is the format...

You have 11 message. Give out some credits.
Show unread posts (since last visit).
Show latest topics. Show recent posts (full text).
Show new replies to your posts (unreplied topics).

I have looked over the options for layout, but have not discerned anything useful.

Are we missing something?

wreckedcarzz:
That would be a nice edition, take it from:

You have 12 messages. Give out some credits.
--- End quote ---

to

You have 12 messages (0 unread). Give out some credits.
--- End quote ---

or something like that. Sometimes I will hit the cancel button on a new PM and then forget about it, only to find it days later.

mouser:
Ok i remember now.. the Unread message count (if there are any) *is* shown up top, but it's above, on the very top where it says Greetings USERNAME.
Check it out next time you have a new message.  It's useful up there because it stays visible even if you have that top area collapsed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version