ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Read/Unread PM Counts

(1/3) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
At the top of my DC pages I see...

"You have XXX messages.  Give out some credits."

... is it possible to reformat that to...

(Idea 1) "You have XXX Unread and YYY Read messages.  Give out some credits."

... or even a more spartan...

(Idea 2) "You have XXX/YYY messages.  Give out some credits."

I never can remember what my last count was, so I never know when I actually have new ones.  As a result I have to keep deleting them to keep it simple. 

mouser:
i dont get it -- doesnt the unread count always tell you the info you need to know?

Stoic Joker:
i dont get it -- doesnt the unread count always tell you the info you need to know?
-mouser (May 22, 2009, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
It would if it was there, but it isn't. Only the total number of stored personal messages is listed.

Either that or both CodeTRUCKER & I are blind as bats ... 'cause its been bugging me to. :)

Josh:
When I receive a new message I see that I have a new message and some unread....

Stoic Joker:
When I receive a new message I see that I have a new message and some unread....
-Josh (May 22, 2009, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

"When I receive a new message" being the key phrase ... that's not the slightest bit helpful (at-a-glance) for us forgetful old farts that want to know whats up (at-a-glance) without having to remember if we were assailed with a new message prompt in the recent past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version