ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to capture onscreen video (not youtube)

(1/2) > >>

cyberdiva:
Hi.  Does anyone know of software that can capture video shown on a website in a format other than the one used for YouTube?  Some TV websites, for example, allow you to watch episodes of programs, but I'd much rather be able to capture those episodes, put them on a DVD, and watch them on my DVD player while I use the treadmill.  I think I can probably convert the file to something I can put on a DVD, but the problem is to get the file onto my computer in the first place.   Is there software that can capture such video?  (Movie Extractor Scout can capture most YouTube videos, but I think not video in other formats.)

Thanks in advance.

steeladept:
I don't know if you are using Firefox or not, but if so, I found the Unplug extension seems to work for most things.  I believe there is some software around here somewhere (URL Snooper) that should work as well, though I have never used it.

cyberdiva:
Thanks, steeladept, for the suggestion.  I do use Firefox, though I'm trying to minimize the number of extensions I have.  I think I'd also prefer a program that wasn't browser-dependent.  It could be freeware, donationware, or shareware, as long as it's pretty straightforward and simple to use.

katykaty:
You could try Grab++ (part of Orbit Downloader)

jeromg:
URLSnooper by mouser should help you (to get the url of the media), I've used it in conjunction with FlahGet which can download most streaming medias out of the box.

Cheers  /jerome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version