ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Feature Request: [easy] export/import settings for all apps

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
i was wondering if some kind of wizard based, or one-click style export/import feature could be implemented for all of mouser's programs.  Similar to how a lot of other programs do it like DOpus.  Good idea?

mouser:
all of my programs use INI files that you can simply copy from the program directory (or replace)*; though there are a couple of cases where there is an additional settings file.  but regardless, they all use files to store settings, so import and export is not critical in my mind because it can be done manually.

*Clipboard Help+Spell uses a database file for efficiency.  While CHS includes a backup+restore function, i really do want to add an xml export function for easy of transfer.

superboyac:
all of my programs use INI files that you can simply copy from the program directory (or replace)*; though there are a couple of cases where there is an additional settings file.  but regardless, they all use files to store settings, so import and export is not critical in my mind because it can be done manually.

*Clipboard Help+Spell uses a database file for efficiency.  While CHS includes a backup+restore function, i really do want to add an xml export function for easy of transfer.
-mouser (May 20, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the ini file.  Stupid me.

superboyac:

-mouser (May 20, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
by default, all these ini files are in the Program Directory, right?  So, unless I specifically change it, you don't add any files to Application Data or anything?  i don't see any.

mouser:
correct, except if you are using vista, in which case they default in the documents and settings application data directory.
(note for the sake of completion -- that you can override this behavior by editing the CondigDir.ini file)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version