ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Fatal Error" when trying to register Evernote 2.2

(1/2) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I had to re-install EN, but I never had a license as I always used the lose-features-after-trial "free" demo version.  I have decided I want to go ahead an purchase a license for EN 2.2 (do not like the "new-improved" 3.0 web version), but when I went to register I found the following...

"... Scroll down to purchase EverNote 2.2. First, let us introduce you to the new Evernote —the only note taking service that makes all your notes and memories accessible across all the devices and platforms that you use. The best part: it's free!
Introducing the new Evernote...[blah, blah, blah]"

Further down the page...

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function __() in /home/vhosts/trunk/new.evernote.com/about/promo/index.php on line 102"

I do not know PHP, but the "function __()" seemed kind of odd to me.  It is exactly the same message at any time on every browser I have tried.

In your opinion, is this a real "Fatal Error," or just a subtle, "you can not register Evernote 2.2 anymore" statement.

TIA

mouser:
it means they have a php programming error on their web page, nothing more.

CodeTRUCKER:
it means they have a php programming error on their web page, nothing more.
-mouser (May 19, 2009, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope so.  I have not been able to make contact with them yet, but I will let them know it is broke when I do.  Thanks for the reply!

CodeTRUCKER:
I am not crying "Conspiracy!" or anything like that, but someone is not minding the store because in researching further I found this at the bottom of the page...

Is Evernote 2 still available?
Evernote 2.2 is no longer available for download or purchase.

So which is the real deal?  :tellme:

OldElmerFudd:
Yeah, I don't care for the new web-based version either. Got the same php error tonight when I tried to download 2.2 from 3rd party sites. EN's home page says 2.2 is no longer supported. They're really pushing to get users to purchase the s/w. The free version allows 40 MB monthly upload allowance; sharewear gets you 500 MB for $5/mo. Free version also limits types of files.

hth
Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version