ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mozilla Contest: How Would You Improve Tabbed Browsing?

<< < (9/13) > >>

jojo99:
1. I like the tab grouping idea.  People have been suggesting this for some time.

2. I often keep a lot of tabs open (have 7 rows now).  There used to be an extension that would allow you to set-up a hot key to hide or unhide the tab but it no longer works in FF 3.x.  This would be a useful addition to normal tab functionality to allow for more screen to work with.

3. IMO, the biggest change that could be made for tabs would be to make each one a separate, isolated environment.  This would enhance security and allow much more control of FF by firewalls.

wreckedcarzz:
Well, I have Tab Mix Plus (a great little add-on, customizable in every aspect) and I found myself being drug into a debate on Firefox themes by a friend of mine - it went from a small IM battle to a full-scale "this theme is better than yours" and in the process I actually found several very nice themes that I installed, putting each one in it's own new tab as I went browsing...

The result? (Non-trimmed version here: ImageShack)

I think I've hit the limit of "tabbed browsing" as-is :P

app103:
Well, I have Tab Mix Plus (a great little add-on, customizable in every aspect) and I found myself being drug into a debate on Firefox themes by a friend of mine - it went from a small IM battle to a full-scale "this theme is better than yours" and in the process I actually found several very nice themes that I installed, putting each one in it's own new tab as I went browsing...

The result? (Non-trimmed version here: ImageShack) (see attachment in previous post)
I think I've hit the limit of "tabbed browsing" as-is :P
-wreckedcarzz (May 31, 2009, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I prefer a combination of ColorfulTabs and Tab Kit (I don't like the coloring in this one and prefer the previous extension for that)

Incidentally, Tab Kit can also give you a tree instead of tabs, but I use it primarily to have multiple tab rows with a scrollbar to keep it from taking over my whole browser window

Lashiec:
The winners have been announced. I haven't see any of the videos yet, just skimmed through the descriptions, but frankly, I don't find anything groundbreaking. That could change after seeing the ideas in action though (the TabViz extension refuses to work correctly)

Ehtyar:
I think I could be comfortable with FaviTabs, but I'm not really a fan of the rest. I don't know who they let vote for the users choice...*shudder*

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version