ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mozilla Contest: How Would You Improve Tabbed Browsing?

(1/13) > >>

mouser:
This is actually quite interesting.. Mozilla (makers of FireFox) are having a contest to see who can come up with the best ideas for innovating the next user interface development that will go beyond the concept of "Tabs".  Now personally I *love* tabs, so i'm curious to see what people come up with.

For this Design Challenge we are focusing on finding creative solutions to the question: "Reinventing Tabs in the Browser - How can we create, navigate and manage multiple web sites within the same browser instance?"

To participate in the Design Challenge you need to create a mockup of your proposed solution. A mockup can be anything from a napkin drawing, to a wireframe, to a polished graphic.

You also need to create a video explaining your idea(s), presenting the mockup and showing how your idea works.

--- End quote ---

http://design-challenge.mozilla.com/summer09/

from http://www.osnews.com

Josh:
How about, instead of replacing tabs, we extend them? I would love to see a Windows style GROUPING of tabs from similar domains. I.E, you have 5 donationcoder pages that are in essence grouped into a single tab with a drop down arrow to select between them. You could also navigate them using something like CTRL + DOWN/UP ARROW.

app103:
How about multiple tabbed browser windows within an MDI interface? Oh wait...AOL already did that.

How about subtabs, where each tab is a parent to multiple child tabs that appear on a 2nd row? Oh wait...Crystalport already did that.

Ok, I admit...I have no original ideas worthy of submitting.

rgdot:
Not sure if I can come up with an original idea but look at their FAQ
"Do you've got some examples how a video of my mockup should look like?"

"Do you've got"???

And I thought my English is worthless  ;D

cranioscopical:
"Do you've got some examples how a video of my mockup should look like?"

"Do you've got"???

And I thought my English is worthless  ;D
-rgdot (May 19, 2009, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Quite right, well spotted!
Clearly the 'm' in mockup should have been a 'c'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version