topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Backup4All Lite ... 4 Free  (Read 8492 times)

FreebyFan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Backup4All Lite ... 4 Free
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Hi guys!

I have just tried it's a nice surprise for me. It seems somehow more 'stable' than Titan Backup - my actual backup solution.
It is faster that's for sure! Very solid for basic files ( mirror ) backup.
Too bad it's the light version. No full backup, differential backup, incremental backup.
And many other features missing . See them all here : http://www.backup4all.com/choose-edition.php

Found the promotion on 4 Free: http://for-free-on-internet.com/2009/05/backup4all-lite-free-promotion/

The normal price is $19.95 but you can have it for free.

Cheers!

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Backup4All Lite ... 4 Free
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:18 AM »
According to B4all website, the Lite version doesn't offer differential or incremental backup.  Titan was working nice but is so slooooooow.  I think its being renamed gfibackup BTW ?

Updated : I just visited their website, http://www.gfi.com/backup-hm/, and now the home version is free.  Not tested yet, but definitely Titan Backup/Neobyte based.
.merle1.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:37 AM by MerleOne »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Backup4All Lite ... Titan and the Roumanian Rebranders
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Hi Folks,

Backup4All is nice stuff, I have a license, probably on a Bits Du Jour special, and the release lasts a long time.  A support and discussion forum would be a major help, in the style of Syncback and Genie.  Yes, it is a pain for the provider (especially if it is a smaller company) yet it allows such a different level of experience for the user.  I find myself using forums like Online Armor or Anvir or this or that as a primary learning tool.

Neobytes (Titan and the Roumanian Rebranders) has a lot less visibility than Backup4All.  How do you tell who is developing, is there any real, substantive support ? 

Those who use Titan, or a rebranded Titan, or other Neobytes products, do you get good solid, techie responses to an email support request ?  If you point out a bug, do they try to put out a new release with a fix.  Do you find any discussions about features and future directions and new releases and stuff like that ?

Shalom,
Steven Avery
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:18 AM by Steven Avery »

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I have a license for Titan but no longer use it. I've tried quite a few different backup solutions but keep coming back to SyncbackSE for its flexibility and ease.

Softland

• Software Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Backup4all
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 02:47 AM »
Backup4All is nice stuff, I have a license, probably on a Bits Du Jour special, and the release lasts a long time.  A support and discussion forum would be a major help, in the style of Syncback and Genie.
-Steven Avery (May 18, 2009, 11:14 AM)
We hope that in about 2 months we'll have a new website in place and also a discussion forum. Right now we're still testing the impact of a forum for our freeware, FBackup ( http://www.fbackup.com/ ), but most likely the forum will be added on Backup4all too.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 05:44 AM »
Hi Folks,

Sounds good, Softland.  Will make me more confident about digging into Backup4All more. 

Another thought.  Any possibility of a cloud backup connection ?  Where one or two net backup providers are directly interfaced with Backup4All ?  Or if folks are successfully doing this -- and if so, with which providers ?  (There may be features or discussions I don't know about .. this is off the top of my head.)   

A little side-question.  Does your company ever bump into the Neobytes company (looks like you are both in the NW of the country, they are even more so by the Hungarian border .. one time I meandered through Bucharest for a few hours en route to Israel).  The "feel" of the companies is very different, I doubt that Neobytes will ever have a forum for any products.  Note: feel free to skip this question, or give a short answer, I am just curious with Romania being a bit of a software hotbed this day !

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Softland

• Software Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Backup4all
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58 AM »
We will make an integration with S3 (amazon), but a "cloud backup" solution it's not something we're considering for now.

As for your other question, we're based in Cluj-Napoca, they're in Oradea so we're not that close anyway - so no encounters. However, if you're looking for connections with known programs, we had as our colleague the developer of Total Uninstall (it's quite a popular program in its niche) - a loss for us when he left, a gain for its customers.

sopanke

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 02:53 PM »
I am a current Titan Backup/Neobyte customer, and I can tell you for sure, Neobyte Solutions is the original creator and owner of Titan Backup. They then offered a rebranded version to East Backup (www.east-tec.com) and also for GFI. Seems that they somehow sold or made a partnership with GFI for GFI backup - I was informed by a newsletter.

so, don't worry, no need to make scenarios, they are the originals. you can drop them an email to check

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:29 AM »
I also received a mail from GFI saying they are taking over future developments and they even mentioned they made some improvements, in particular regarding speed, which was not of strong point of Titan backup.
.merle1.