ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Tiny Util to compensate for Windows Taskbar Issues ...

(1/1)

ChippyLasticko:
Hello, this is my first post in this forum, so please excuse any naive-ness on my part to this community and procedures.

I have windows toolbars on the start bar (bottom of my screen) and docked at the top. I have the ones on top set to "always on top".  Many windows dialogs and programs will, blindly, just use the screen resolution size as a reference for how big to size their windows.. and they end up putting the title bar UNDER the "always-on-top-docked-toolbars" at the top of my screen.

If there was a tiny utility that would watch with [a user customizable frequency] to see if any windows had opened, or been moved under that toolbar.. and just shove it down so it's not under the toolbar.

There is a utility out there that does this, but it does it very poorly -- it reacts to things that are invisible windows and it shouldn't trigger on -- also it makes an annoying noise every time it does this, and there's no way to turn that off.  on top of it, the utility is not free and it should be : cmon this is just a bandaid for a MS Windows deficiency.   

This software I'm referring to is called "Shove-It" :  http://www.phord.com/shoveit.html
That page also probably does a better job of describing the problem too.

Anyway, if somebody could just write me a quicky util on this with a few options, gosh, I'd be so grateful.
Thanks in advance

lanux128:
hi there ChippyLasticko,

i had a similar request and Skrommel graciously wrote this program - WinWarden.
See if you can have a use for it... ;-)

best regards,
lanux

ChippyLasticko:
Thanks!!
-Chipster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version