ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MnKz - WebBrowser 0.0.1.5

<< < (2/3) > >>

RedPillow:
Don`t be so humble mouser, although you have made lots of things!

Ebout the questions 4 and  5:

4.About the API, what people usually do with it? i mean, that if you can do anything with API, its not always the easiest way?
And about dangerous things, can you like burn the whole PC with them, or did you meandangerous in virtual way?

5.But there is like thousands of functions and stuff, how do people know which function they must use in certain part of code?
For example, do i write "Browser.Backward" or "Browser.Gotolastpageivisited".

EDIT:

If i know right, programs made in visual basic is not so secure, my programs suck though, but how to increase hteir security for crackers and stuff, for example if i want to make program which needs a password to use, people can easilly hex it and see it?

(Im interested in computer security  ;D)

Thanks for comments!

wreckedcarzz:
It depends - I have no idea how many API commands you can access in VB, but you can do just about anything you want as far as I know. The API isn't always the easiest (or best) way, but it can overcome problems that could not be with "normal" code. And they are only dangerous as far as Windows goes (I don't think physical harm can be done, but I don't know).

Trial and error usually, or the MSDN documents. The MSDN database can be, in a word, 'useless' most of the time though. My personal method is to code both statements and comment (via the apostrophe: ' ) one of them out and test it - if it works, I will either leave the other line or delete it, depending on if it has functions I may need later (switching to that line at a later date). To go back, you would put Browser.GoBack (and GoForward, GoHome, Stop, Reload, etc)..

RedPillow:
Ok, ill add you in MSN as soon as i stop playing cortex command  :-*

:)

RedPillow:
Haven`t added you yet,but i need some help.

I want to make a options-tab to my web-browser, right next to that "File" part.

I Know how to make the tab itself, but i dont know how to set the options in the tab.

I want to add these options:

Homepage-set
Java on/off
Cookies on/off

And there is still some other things i would like to make.

#1.

Is it possible to make my browser to support for example google-searchbar?
If it is, how?

How to make my browser show and save a "Last pages visited"  and cookies. And button to delete them too.

How does this programs "memory" work, liek if i want to save cookies, where my program saves them? to PC, inside the program??

wreckedcarzz:
You should be able to add those easy by making the first option show an InputBox, and the second two show a checkbox next to them to turn them on and off

1) As far as I know, you can't have IE addons/toolbars in your programs (they are closed source and setup specifically for IE's environment) - you CAN make your own search box, however, and have it offer multiple search engines

2) History can be done quite easily, not sure on the cookies (doable, just I am not sure how) - deleting should be simple too.

3) Dim statements keeps information in the computer's memory, like any other program. When you Dim something, it stays in RAM for different time intervals (but is always cleared on the program's closing - see examples below). If you want to save data to disk, that is a completely separate kind of thing (but quite simple).

Dim examples:

Situation 1 - Variable is always accessible within the form (and will always be using memory while the form is open):

--- Code: vb.net ---Form1 Dim AlwaysAvailableOnThisFormVariable As VariableType Form1_Load (...)End Sub End Form1
Situation 2 - Variable is created within an event (and will only use memory while the event is running):

--- Code: vb.net ---Form1 Form1_Load (...)Dim AvailableInThisSubVariable As VariableTypeEnd Sub End Form1
Situation 3 - Using a Module to store variables that multiple forms can access (the variable will ALWAYS use memory, regardless of what form(s) is showing):

--- Code: vb.net ---Module1 Dim AlwaysAvailableVariable As VariableType End Module1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version