topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MnKz - WebBrowser 0.0.1.5  (Read 10039 times)

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
MnKz - WebBrowser 0.0.1.5
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:47 AM »
This is my first program made with Visual Basic Express.

Its just a light WebBrowser which includes:

Tabbing
All the ordinaryy buttons like Forward, Backward, Refresh, Go, Stop.
0.0.1.5 Has Button named "Time" which show you time and date.

I hope you understand that this is my first Visual Basic program, and i still don`t get it 100%   ;)
But, I`ll learn soon!

Get the browser here: WebBrowser - Download (Plunder.com)

Also, check my site (Currently hosting it from my own PC so its not 24/7 open): *My site*

WebBrowser 0.0.1.5 SH.bmp

-Comment, and send me some info about how to make a "Options" - Thing to my WebBrowser With VBE.
CYA

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MnKz - WebBrowser 0.0.1.5
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:56 AM »
By the way, i got some questions.. please answer:

1.What is the idea if these donations and stuff?
2.What is the "best" non-waiting site to upload/download files?
3.What is the best version of visual basic?
4.What API and API-calls are? how they work and where i need em?
5.I needed lots of help-sites to get all the functions like "Browser.Forward"...Where i can see/how do people know these functions?
6.What "Dim" means?

That`s all...for now... ;D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:27 PM »
1. people can donate to each other to say thanks or support each others contributions on the site.
2. there are lots of sites, and donationcoder can provide a dcmember.com web space sites to regular members who are writing programs to share.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:58 PM »
By the way, i got some questions.. please answer:

1.What is the idea if these donations and stuff?
2.What is the "best" non-waiting site to upload/download files?
3.What is the best version of visual basic?
4.What API and API-calls are? how they work and where i need em?
5.I needed lots of help-sites to get all the functions like "Browser.Forward"...Where i can see/how do people know these functions?
6.What "Dim" means?

That`s all...for now... ;D

1) The DC Credits system is a way for forum members to reward one another for good information, programs, or other things
2) If you're serious about getting into coding, mouser does have a great (:-*) FTP/web space server system that he will host for free for you
3) Visual Basic Express Edition 2008 is the newest version, so I would stick with that (Visual Studio has a service pack, not sure about the Express Editions)
4) API calls are calls to deep Windows to do special things - from basic to complex/dangerous things. I don't work a lot with API calls in VB myself (I have learned a bit from various snippets around the web), but API calls can do virtually anything if used correctly
5) I can help you with VB, and have made several small browsers myself (check the NANY 2009 thread for my small browser submission) - I have *lots* of random VB code, and would be happy to help (my contact info/send me a PM)
6) Dim statements are ways to define data in memory - for example, if you wanted to save the current URL to an area in memory, you could do something like:

Code: vb.net [Select]
  1. Dim MyCurrentURL As String
  2. MyCurrentURL = Browser.URL.ToString

Where MyCurrentURL is the name of the variable to hold in RAM, the String is the text data holder, and the 2nd line tells VB to fill MyCurrentURL with the URL value from Browser after converting it to a String (to ensure no errors during runtime).

EDIT: Also, nice work on the browser. I'm downloading it now :up:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:08 PM by wreckedcarzz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:35 PM »
mouser does have a great (Kiss) FTP/web space server system that he will host for free for you

this is the dc member server -- it's paid for out of donations to the site, and is only possible because of the generous donations of people who donation to DonationCoder, so no need to thank me -- thank the people who donate.

further, the person who does all the work adding users to the server and taking care of them is dc member Gothic (aka John Sennesael the great server administrator who runs AdminKing.com); if anyone deserves the credit, it's him.

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 01:09 AM »
Don`t be so humble mouser, although you have made lots of things!

Ebout the questions 4 and  5:

4.About the API, what people usually do with it? i mean, that if you can do anything with API, its not always the easiest way?
And about dangerous things, can you like burn the whole PC with them, or did you meandangerous in virtual way?

5.But there is like thousands of functions and stuff, how do people know which function they must use in certain part of code?
For example, do i write "Browser.Backward" or "Browser.Gotolastpageivisited".

EDIT:

If i know right, programs made in visual basic is not so secure, my programs suck though, but how to increase hteir security for crackers and stuff, for example if i want to make program which needs a password to use, people can easilly hex it and see it?

(Im interested in computer security  ;D)

Thanks for comments!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:12 AM by jonzku777 »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 01:22 AM »
It depends - I have no idea how many API commands you can access in VB, but you can do just about anything you want as far as I know. The API isn't always the easiest (or best) way, but it can overcome problems that could not be with "normal" code. And they are only dangerous as far as Windows goes (I don't think physical harm can be done, but I don't know).

Trial and error usually, or the MSDN documents. The MSDN database can be, in a word, 'useless' most of the time though. My personal method is to code both statements and comment (via the apostrophe: ' ) one of them out and test it - if it works, I will either leave the other line or delete it, depending on if it has functions I may need later (switching to that line at a later date). To go back, you would put Browser.GoBack (and GoForward, GoHome, Stop, Reload, etc)..

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Ok, ill add you in MSN as soon as i stop playing cortex command  :-*

:)

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 05:48 AM »
Haven`t added you yet,but i need some help.

I want to make a options-tab to my web-browser, right next to that "File" part.

I Know how to make the tab itself, but i dont know how to set the options in the tab.

I want to add these options:

Homepage-set
Java on/off
Cookies on/off

And there is still some other things i would like to make.

#1.

Is it possible to make my browser to support for example google-searchbar?
If it is, how?

How to make my browser show and save a "Last pages visited"  and cookies. And button to delete them too.

How does this programs "memory" work, liek if i want to save cookies, where my program saves them? to PC, inside the program??

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 05:12 PM »
You should be able to add those easy by making the first option show an InputBox, and the second two show a checkbox next to them to turn them on and off

1) As far as I know, you can't have IE addons/toolbars in your programs (they are closed source and setup specifically for IE's environment) - you CAN make your own search box, however, and have it offer multiple search engines

2) History can be done quite easily, not sure on the cookies (doable, just I am not sure how) - deleting should be simple too.

3) Dim statements keeps information in the computer's memory, like any other program. When you Dim something, it stays in RAM for different time intervals (but is always cleared on the program's closing - see examples below). If you want to save data to disk, that is a completely separate kind of thing (but quite simple).

Dim examples:

Situation 1 - Variable is always accessible within the form (and will always be using memory while the form is open):

1. Form1
  3. Dim AlwaysAvailableOnThisFormVariable As VariableType
  5. Form1_Load (...)
  6. End Sub
  8. End Form1

Situation 2 - Variable is created within an event (and will only use memory while the event is running):

1. Form1
  3. Form1_Load (...)
  4. Dim AvailableInThisSubVariable As VariableType
  5. End Sub
  7. End Form1

Situation 3 - Using a Module to store variables that multiple forms can access (the variable will ALWAYS use memory, regardless of what form(s) is showing):

1. Module1
  3. Dim AlwaysAvailableVariable As VariableType
  5. End Module1

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Hello, im still working with new browser..

I just wanted to get some people to try my files `n` guides so here is the link to my mediafire home-folder:

Home-folder

I hope you visit there an load some stuff, rate and comment too!
And if you want, feel free to spread the link to your friends.
I must get more downloaders and visitors inorder to get some more hosting space for my new stuff.

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 06:32 AM »
Also, i started to play this funny browser-based game named Slavehack.
The idea of the game is to get "slaves" to send spam or spread warez.
Money is the big thing in this game and you always need it, if you go to this link AND REGISTER, i will get support points by referring you in to the game and by getting support points, i get prizes and money by exchanging or winning with my points.
So please, visit AND REGISTER here and you`ll help me a lot!

Link: Slavehack - Referral link

RedPillow

• Joined in 2008
  • Pillows.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 02:23 AM »
Well, i was surfing on the net [not literally] and found some kind of program or something named BeEF Framework.

Could someone explain, how to use this and what to do with this?
I think its supposed to be something related to my browser, and i tried to google it and got only some answers related to XSS.

Thanks.

*EDIT*

I was wondering, how to make a easy bot in vb 2008 express?

It should be easily hooked to some event in firefox-browser (event in some site)
And it should send message to every msn window open (text should be easily modified)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:14 AM by jonzku777 »