ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a newsgroup news reader

<< < (4/6) > >>

40hz:
Not a problem. I guessed that was what you meant. :)

In that case, Astraweb's pay-by-download plans are definitely the most economical.

kartal:
The thing is that it is hard to tell what kind of groups they run and the level of activity. I am sure there are all kinds but is this a private or connected to other usenet groups as well?

40hz:
The thing is that it is hard to tell what kind of groups they run and the level of activity. I am sure there are all kinds but is this a private or connected to other usenet groups as well?

-kartal (May 14, 2009, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you go to the homepage, there's a link to the complete list of groups they carry There's also a search box to check for specific groups if you know the name.

Astraweb is a private company that provides individuals with access to Usenet news groups. AFAIK they are not connected with any specific Usenet group or affiliated with any other newsgroup provider.

Posting activity will vary depending on the group itself. Astraweb has no control or influence over that. But postings to active groups show up almost immediately on Astraweb's servers as far as I can determine. If I refresh the headers in my newsreader while I'm in a very active group, I'll almost always see several additional new posts each time I hit the button. And any time I've posted, I've seen my header show up in the group within a few minutes.

(Too bad Astraweb doesn't offer a free 14-day trial like Giganews.com does. :) )

kartal:
40hz, sorry I did not see the search button right in the middle. I am little flaky regarding checking out sources nowadasy because of the tasks I need to finish. But thanks for upfront information I will definetely check it out. It might fit my needs.

40hz:
I am little flaky regarding checking out sources nowadasy because of the tasks I need to finish.
-kartal (May 14, 2009, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Boy do I know that feeling. Try to get some rest. Ciao! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version