ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a newsgroup news reader

<< < (3/6) > >>

4wd:
Privacy problems were second thing which bothered me. Many people were against archiving their messages (mostly agressive ones) by Google and called that "privacy violation". In my opinion: it was stupid and I would never delete any message if I wear Google's boots.
-fenixproductions (May 14, 2009, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have to wonder where these people were when Dejanews was archiving all the text newsgroups then.........before they were taken over by Google.

All they've got to do is put the following in the header and hope the archive honours it:

x-no-archive: yes

Something of which I'm sure the Google-phobes do already, although it won't be deleted until 6 days later.

Or they could just not post.

fenixproductions:
Or they could just not post.-4wd
--- End quote ---
I agree with that.

If you want to badmouth someone in public then you have no right to call it "privacy violation" when it's still on web. If you don't like it… take a deep breath and think about yourself.

When I had heard that first time I wondered when criminals will sue police because of destroying their "good image" on arrest warrants ;)

kartal:
thanks fenixproductions

Which news server is good nowadays for checking back archieves or new posts? I do not do binaries or other stuff, I just want to be able check out some culture, computer, news ,language related stuff maybe.

40hz:
Which news server is good nowadays for checking back archieves or new posts? I do do binaries or other stuff, I just want to be able check out some culture, computer, news ,language related stuff maybe.
-kartal (May 14, 2009, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use Astraweb. Currently providing 270 days retention - and also in the process of going to a fulll 365!

Plans are available at different price points.

Link: http://www.news.astraweb.com/index.html

If you're not downloading a lot of binaries, one of their less expensive "Pay by Download" plans would be your best option.

The Pay-by-Download plans are designed to give you the freedom to use Usenet when you want, as you want. There are no fixed monthly terms, just pay as you download. The Pay-by-Download plans include:

- No time limits
- No censoring
- No monitoring
- No posting limits
- No expiry date on your credits
- Maximum 50 simultaneous connections
- Headers are not counted towards your downloads
--- End quote ---

$10/25GB or $25/120GB of total downloads (with no expiry date) should last you close to forever. Especially if you are primarily interested in reading posts and aren't in the habit of grabbing files you probably shouldn't be downloading anyway.  ;)

kartal:
40hz, sorry for typo in my message! I was trying to say that I do not do binary-download stuff :) I am sorry about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version