ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a newsgroup news reader

<< < (2/6) > >>

y0himba:
I have used Newsleecher for years.  His supersearch has 370 days retention, and for $29.99 a year you get ALL upgrades and access to the supersearch.  The program is the most logical and best I have ever used. http://www.newsleecher.com

fenixproductions:
I remember using ForteAgent couple years ago but I had abandoned it because of lack of multiple servers support. I've started using 40tude Dialog and must say that even if it was not updated since 2005, I can't simply leave it :)

Two reasons behind:
- habits,
- big history - few years ago Google removed pretty big part of their nntp archives and it is impossible now to get some messages back (other servers don't have them either).

kartal:
Thanks for suggestions guys I will try the paid ones.
fenixproductions, I 40tude  actually started using  couple hours ago, and it looks pretty good indeed.

kartal:
I would like to hear from Google lovers about this particular issue

- big history - few years ago Google removed pretty big part of their nntp archives and it is impossible now to get some messages back (other servers don't have them either).
-fenixproductions (May 14, 2009, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

fenixproductions:
2kartal
I recommend to check 40tude scripts :)

Little bit more about "Google removal":
I am only sure that they decided to remove "older" threads for some Polish groups. I don't know about other languages.
First I thought it's just the case of "privacy problems" but it couldn't explain whole threads disappearing.

Privacy problems were second thing which bothered me. Many people were against archiving their messages (mostly agressive ones) by Google and called that "privacy violation". In my opinion: it was stupid and I would never delete any message if I wear Google's boots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version