Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:18:55 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: CHS Feature Request: visual at copy, or, paste  (Read 3456 times)
1NR1
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »

For users who may not be able to or want an audio confirmation sound on capture, is there a way, or could there be a way, to have some kind of visual confirmation/indication "fire" when copying or pasting?  Thanks.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »

that's not a bad idea -- would a brief icon change be noticeable enough i wonder? it would be the easiest thing to do, but you'd really have to be looking at it to notice it i think.
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »

Good idea, Icon change would suffice, but an optional tray balloon tip might be nice as well.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:19:24 PM »

true, easy enough.
1NR1
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »

Hope it's OK to jump in here for quick comment.  I feel that one becomes accustomed to just about any visual change/flash/momentary icon color when you know it's going to or supposed to happen.  For instance all that might be necessary for most users may be a change in the tray "clipboard" icon color, or a momentary indication on near the position of the copy/or paste.

Well, I'm beginning to see how difficult it is to "whittle" down a lot of bright ideas, so, thats my take and hope it can help for the future.  Thanks for your attention.

Nick

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »

implemented but not yet uploaded -- will be in next update.
kunkel321
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »

Seems like a cursor change would make more sense than an icon change...  Folks will typically be using the mouse/watching the curser when selecting text to copy...  (or not?)  -steve
1NR1
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:06:18 AM »

Thank you for implementing this change.  I have found it a useful indicator and my "eye" makes a quick look to see if I have made the copy.  Surprising how many times I have to re-do! Thanks again.  Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.04 ]