ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (79/99) > >>

40hz:

I'm not sure I know what site you're talking about.

Did I miss something?-Renegade (April 05, 2011, 01:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

No. Sorry. I wasn't talking about here. (I have a life outside DoCo, although you'd probably never suspect it based on the amount of times I post here. ;D)

I'm involved with a few other websites where the OC question came up. One discussion has been very rational and displays admirable restraint despite opinions running very high. The other site has been a screaming free for all.

Makes me appreciate this place even more.

Any links?

--- End quote ---

Not yet. It's still going back and forth in both places. About the only thing that's sure is that the ruling consensus is that the presence of OC is not sufficient reason to have the containing product be seen as malware.

So that's a victory for OC and its partners. :)

JavaJones:
I'd be curious to know what other sites you're referring to, if you don't mind sharing. Especially with the sound of the standards for software listing. :)

- Oshyan

Renegade:
I'd be curious to know what other sites you're referring to, if you don't mind sharing. Especially with the sound of the standards for software listing. :)

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 05, 2011, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto! :) Links? ;)

Renegade:
Ok... I've been mulling over some things...

The double-opt-in thing is just unacceptable.

So how does this sound?

Opt-out information in the "info screen" and opt-in on the offer screen? Or opt-in in the info screen, and opt-out in the offer screen?

Trying to come up with a compromise that would suit both perspectives... Not sure if that would work.

Try to think "in principle" and not about OC. OC is just one example. There are others as well.

40hz:
@JavaJones + Renegade

re:links

Soon as something is finalized I'll post links.

Or at least for the one that's a public site. (FYI: this site is where the rational discussion is taking place.)

The other is a 'company private' site so I likely won't be able to provide reachable links for that one. I will ask if it's ok to share the text of their site's policy when it's finished however.

As of right now it's still in the "draft for comment" phase at both places.

No ETA as to when it may be done. I'll update when I know more. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version