ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (54/99) > >>

PhilB66:
@Renegade

Is there a list of participating 'Advertisers' somewhere? I could not find one at http://www.opencandy.com/.

Renegade:
@Renegade

Is there a list of participating 'Advertisers' somewhere? I could not find one at http://www.opencandy.com/.
-PhilB66 (March 30, 2011, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I've seen except for the actual control panel. I've been kind of leery of posting much from the control panel as it just seems like control panels are private for a reason. But, all this is available publicly from different installers, so this here just cuts through the needless work of compiling a list. Now, I don't know if this is complete or not as I can only report what I know. Other people may have more or less in their control panels, but I kind of doubt it. (List is alphabetical.)

* Advanced Registry Optimizer 2011
* ALLConverter Pro
* AOL Toolbar
* ASPCA Reminder by We-Care.com
* AVG Anti-Virus 2011
* Battery Optimizer
* Buyobab
* Crawler Toolbar with Web Security Guard
* DriverHive
* eBay Sidebar for Firefox
* Evernote
* Groupon
* Gutscheinrausch
* Jing by TechSmith
* kikin
* MashLogic Better Links
* Microsoft Bing Bar
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
* My Shopping Genie
* FaceSmooch
* Yandex Toolbar
* Nitro PDF Reader
* OfferBox
* ooVoo
* PC Power Speed from Crawler
* PC Speed Up
* PretonSaver Home
* PriceGong
* Real Player
* Registry Booster by Uniblue
* Registry Reviver
* RegRevive
* Snagit by TechSmith
* StumbleUpon
* SweetIM
* TuneUp Media
* Wakoopa
* World of Warcraft by Blizzard
* Yontoo Layers
That looks like this in the control panel:

But if you take a close look at the advertisers in OpenCandy, they're all big/popular names. Blizzard. Microsoft. AOL. ASPCA. etc. etc.

Most people here probably have some of that software on their computer already. Someone has a Wakoopa graphic in their signature, but I forget who at the moment.

The more I find out about things, the more I'm sold on the idea.

40hz:
On topic, I just went to download an update for Fruity Studio, and...

http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/download.html
 (see attachment in previous post)

-Renegade (March 30, 2011, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, so now OC is also being bundled in with apps you already paid for?

Hmm...

Actually, it shouldn't surprise me at all (for a number of reasons) that FruityLoops is doing that.  :-\

What is commendable, however, is that they clearly call attention to the fact they are using it right on the download page. Which is more than most publishers are doing. And which is all that 90% of the people who are objecting to OC are asking for: Being told - up front - that it is going to be installed.

Of course, providing the user with notification and an easily selectable option to not have it load at all when you run the installer would be nice...but the makers of OC seem to be quietly adamant that that is not going to happen.

:)

PhilB66:
Do you get paid the same for recommending any of these softwares or does it depend on the advertiser's bid?

f0dder:
On topic, I just went to download an update for Fruity Studio, and...-Renegade (March 30, 2011, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, so now OC is also being bundled in with apps you already paid for?-40hz (March 31, 2011, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
That made me raise my brows as well.

As did the name "Fruity Studio" - didn't it use to be FruityLoops? Another of those "Oh, but the lifetime license isn't for <newname>, it was for <oldname>" tactics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version