ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (86/99) > >>

Renegade:
I personally think they should hire Renegade in some capacity. He's done more to build a convincing case for OC (despite the fact I personally don't like how OC implements itself) than some of the official communiqués ever did. He also speaks to the concerns of developers and software geeks. And, being a developer himself, on their level.

Hey DrApps! Maybe you folks should consider hiring this guy in some capacity?

Seriously.
 8)
-40hz (April 09, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stranger things have happened~! :D

J-Mac:
I personally think they should hire Renegade in some capacity. He's done more to build a convincing case for OC (despite the fact I personally don't like how OC implements itself) than some of the official communiqués ever did. He also speaks to the concerns of developers and software geeks. And, being a developer himself, on their level.

Hey DrApps! Maybe you folks should consider hiring this guy in some capacity?

Seriously.
 8)
-40hz (April 09, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stranger things have happened~! :D
-Renegade (April 10, 2011, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

After seeing your comments over on Gizmo's blog I don’t think it strange at all!   ;D 8)

Jim

40hz:
Looks like all the objections have been raised, and at least discussed, even if they haven't been addressed.

But at the end of the day, OC is standing firm on how it operates and how they want to conduct business despite those objections.

So now that we've arrived at an apparent impasse regarding OC, maybe it's time we start wrapping this discussion up?

:)

Renegade:
After seeing your comments over on Gizmo's blog I don’t think it strange at all!   ;D 8)
-J-Mac (April 10, 2011, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, one of my posts was deleted. I just noticed. Sent MidnightCowboy a PM to see if it's ok to repost. I don't think he likes me. :(

UPDATE: It's been undeleted. Maybe he does like me~! :D

40hz:
After seeing your comments over on Gizmo's blog I don’t think it strange at all!   ;D 8)
-J-Mac (April 10, 2011, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, one of my posts was deleted. I just noticed. Sent MidnightCowboy a PM to see if it's ok to repost. I don't think he likes me. :(

UPDATE: It's been undeleted. Maybe he does like me~! :D

-Renegade (April 10, 2011, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Ryan- I'm an editor over there. I suspect your post was most likely taken down by accident, or because it contained a weblink to someplace that returned a WOT rating of orange.

If a moderator took it down for what they felt was a violation of the forum rules (or if it contained a 'red' WOT rated link) it wouldn't have been put back up later. :)

FWIW, I don't think anybody (or hardly anybody at least) over at Gizmo's dislikes you personally. It's just you've put yourself in a challenging position by endorsing a product many TSA members have major concerns about. So, as unofficial apologist for OC, you're bound to get some heat. But for the most part, the responses to your posts seem to be generally positive and echo much of what's been said here: people don't like the way OC works, and they're suspicious of the reassurances OC is giving that they will "do no evil" down the road.

Note: Gizmo's is also not DoCo. They have considerably less tolerance than Mouser has for hyperbole, outrageous analogies, put-ons, snarky comments and wandering too much around a topic. They prefer posts that are like a shot of vodka - short and to the point.

Makes us appreciate Mouser's way of doing things more than ever, doesn't it? ;D

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version