ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

monitor ink usage

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

recently my printing volume increased dramatically and I researched for an economic way to use my Canon IP4300 by refilling the cartidges

however, if the chip is not reset the printer stops to monitor ink usage and thus there is a risk of trying to print with empty cartidge which harms printer

there are auto reset chips or chip resetters, however I wouldn't waste more money on them (the cost would exceed the printer cost itself) and waste time to reset them

thus, I would like to somehow accurately and reliably monitor ink usage, by monitoring pages printed, ink coverage on each page, etc, so that to use a software method to alert when ink would run low

is there a solution like this?
if you have other solutions for cheap printing please inform me

thanks!

MilesAhead:
I refuse to get rid of my Epson Stylus C88 because I can get refurbished cartridges for $5 or $6 ea. at http://www.123inkjets.com/

I probably wouldn't have tried such a thing except I had been buying clone cartridges at a big savings from them for a long time.  The only issue I've had so far is maybe one in 40 or 50 cartridges turns out to be dry.  But for that money it's not worth worrying about.  I just chuck it.  Plus they have deals if you buy 4 or 6 at a time. I can reload all my cartridges for the price of one new name brand ink cartridge from Best Buy.

Like anything else, if it works for you it's great.  If it doesn't then it sucks.  I don't print in large volume but I've been using that source over the years so take it for what it's worth. :)

katykaty:
Sorry, don't have a solution.

But when I saw the thread title I thought 'Huh? My monitor doesn't use ink.'

It's been a long day  :-[

cranioscopical:
I thought 'Huh? My monitor doesn't use ink.'-katykaty (May 17, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's probably because you use a no pen source driver.  :o

MilesAhead:
I think the same guy that came up with that graphics chip is the guy who did the Flintstones instant camera with the woodpecker inside. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version