ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

<< < (11/15) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2010-05-28
    + Added coloured icons to the listview that correspond to the image's resolution.
      (Thanks, worstje)
        Green       - 500x500 or greater and square
        Green/Blue  - 500x500 or greater and NOT square
        Yellow      - 400x400 or greater, but less than 500x500, and square
        Yellow/Blue - 400x400 or greater, but less than 500x500, and NOT square
        Orange      - 300x300 or greater, but less than 400x400, and square
        Orange/Blue - 300x300 or greater, but less than 400x400, and NOT square
        Red         - 299x299 or less and square
        Red/Blue    - 299x299 or less and NOT square   
    + Added a "fudge factor" setting that allows for non-perfectly square images to be
      considered square e.g. 500x496.

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

zzynx:
Hi skwire,

As I said before I couldn't wait to let CovArt Ops process my music collection.
Well, it took CoverArt Ops 15 minutes to process 6500+ music directories.
That's a nice result.

Can I make some suggestions for improving it?

[1]
When clicking on the Resolution column, the entries are sorted based on the string representation of the resolution.
Ie. 1000x1000, 100x100, 1428x1428, 200x200, 400x400, 500x500, 800x800, ...
I think this is pretty useless.
I would like this sorting to be according to the real (sorting by numbers) resolution:
100x100, 200x200, 400x400, 500x500, 800x800, 1000x1000, 1428x1428, ...

[2]
When clicking on the Type column, the entries are sorted based on name of the cover art file.
I would (have expected and) like that the sorting is done based on the cover art "quality".
Ie. according to the icon order as shown in the Icon legend (Options > Configure)
(and for entries with the same icon: then sort on the real (!) resolution)

Having that sorting right I could "upgrade" the cover art of my music collection starting with the "worst" cases that need it most.

[3]
For albums containing more than one CD I have these directories:

Artist Name - Year - Album Name [3CD]\Disc 1
Artist Name - Year - Album Name [3CD]\Disc 2
Artist Name - Year - Album Name [3CD]\Disc 3

In this case I have the "folder.jpg" file in the directory "Artist Name - Year - Album Name [3CD]" but not in the subdirectories "Disc 1", "Disc 2", "Disc 3".

Now "CovArt Ops" find those subdirectories as having no cover art.
It would be nice if I could specify what foldernames to skip using wild cards.
E.g. Skip: "Disc*, CD*"

[4]
When I select an entry in the list, on the left the cover is displayed.
When I select on of the other picture files listed under that cover, on my machine running Windows Vista I visually loose my selection in the main list.
I don't know if that is something you can solve. Since on my XP machine I see that the selection is still there.
Apparently on my Vista machine, the background color of a selected item if in a table/list not having the focus is white.

Thanks

skwire:
[1] When clicking on the Resolution column, the entries are sorted based on the string representation of the resolution.
[2] When clicking on the Type column, the entries are sorted based on name of the cover art file.-zzynx (March 23, 2011, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Changed in the latest version.

[3] It would be nice if I could specify what foldernames to skip using wild cards.-zzynx (March 23, 2011, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll add this to the ToDo and try to get to it in a later build.

[4] When I select on of the other picture files listed under that cover, on my machine running Windows Vista I visually loose my selection in the main list.  I don't know if that is something you can solve. Since on my XP machine I see that the selection is still there.
Apparently on my Vista machine, the background color of a selected item if in a table/list not having the focus is white.-zzynx (March 23, 2011, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since it works fine on your XP box, I'm going to assume this may have something to do with the theme you're running since I already have the LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS property set for that listview.  That property states that the listview selection, if any, is always shown, even if the control does not have keyboard focus.  I tested it in a Windows 7 VM as well and it worked fine.

Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2011-03-23
    + Unicode path capable.  Use included ANSI build on operating systems below
      Windows XP.
    * Made the Options dialog non-modal so you can keep it open to view the icon
      legend and still work the main interface.
    * Type column now sorts based on perceived image "quality."  (Thanks, zzynx)
    ! Resolution column now does an integer-based sort.  (Thanks, zzynx)

zzynx:
Hi Jody,

That was an amazing fast reaction.  :up:   [ I'll easily get used to it.  ;) ]
Thanks!
My music collection is begging for another CovArt Ops processing...

worstje:
This is still one of my favorite Coding Snacks. Haven't used it in a while, but this update reminds me that I am actually aching to take care of my 'unsorted music' folder. Thanks for the new features! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version