ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

<< < (10/15) > >>

mouser:
Mentioned on ghacks today!
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/11/30/check-music-collections-for-missing-cover-art-with-covart-ops/

choicefresh:
Are you positive you're using the new version?  Help, About should show "v1.0.9 build 1".
-skwire (November 29, 2009, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops, for some reason it wasn't copying correctly.  :-[

skwire:
Oops, for some reason it wasn't copying correctly.  :-[-choicefresh (November 30, 2009, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahh, great.  I thought that might be the case.

Suggestion: Could you add the ability to use it on a folder full of mp3s (no subfolders), and get the album name from the metadata?
--- End quote ---

CovArt Ops was designed from the start with the idea of one album per folder.  Therefore, it doesn't know or care about the actual album involved.  Did I misunderstand your suggestion?  If so, please explain it in more detail.

choicefresh:
CovArt Ops was designed from the start with the idea of one album per folder.  Therefore, it doesn't know or care about the actual album involved.  Did I misunderstand your suggestion?  If so, please explain it in more detail.
-skwire (November 30, 2009, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It detects the album name by the mp3 files themselves though, doesn't it? My music collection is organized so all MP3s are named Authorname - Songname.mp3, in one single folder.

skwire:
It detects the album name by the mp3 files themselves though, doesn't it? My music collection is organized so all MP3s are named Authorname - Songname.mp3, in one single folder.-choicefresh (November 30, 2009, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, again, it doesn't know or care about the album name; it assumes each folder is an album and looks for certain named image files within said folder.  I have FAR too many tracks to keep them all in one folder.

It wouldn't take too much to write you a utility that will do what you want.  How do you have your cover art named currently?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version