ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Feature request: a real Start button?

(1/2) > >>

app103:
A friend of mine recently asked me if it was possible to code a button for a deskbar that did nothing but mimic/duplicate the start button that is on the Windows taskbar. He wants it to show exactly what he sees when clicking his start button and include all the custom stuff he has added. (this is not program shortcuts added to the top, but non-default commands added to the bottom.) He also wants it to have the run, log off & shut down stuff...basically everything he has on the real one currently.

What he ultimately wants to do is remove the start button from the Windows taskbar, and have only the system tray and running application buttons showing on it.

Then he wants another toolbar to hold his start button and quicklaunch. He also wants to set a custom icon & text label for the start button. (amusing guy he is, he wants a red X and "Stop")

LBC could do exactly what he wants, provided it had an option to include a real start button.

Innuendo:
I missed this topic first time around, scary taskbar girl. Funny you should be the one asking about how to remove something from a taskbar.  :)

Anyway, if your friend is still wanting to do such, maybe PresStart v1.3 will do what he is looking for. It's written by the same guy who wrote TrueLaunchBar.

http://www.tordex.com/tools/

There are a few other tools on that page he might find useful as well.

app103:
I am not sure if you understood what I was saying.

I was making a feature request for mouser's Launchbar Commander. It would be perfect for this, if it had the start button, as described.

The application you linked to does nothing more than simulate a click (or hitting the windows key) to the existing start menu on the real taskbar. It does not open the menu from where the shortcut is on a different toolbar.

If the button is clicked on a toolbar located at the top of the screen, it shouldn't open something on a different toolbar located at the bottom.

Mouser has a "Start Menu" button in LBC, but it only shows the contents of the programs folder. It doesn't show the whole start menu.

Innuendo:
It's not that I didn't misread your feature request I just misremembered what that application I linked to did.

That's what I get for trying to save Mouser some work.  ;)

mouser:
a full start button emulation would indeed be useful.. not sure how hard it would be..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version