topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 11:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: My wishlist for desktop organizer  (Read 4340 times)

imtrobin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
My wishlist for desktop organizer
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:54 AM »
Hi

I have an idea of organizing my desktop, which is cluttered with too many icons. Many people desktop are like that too. So my idea of a perfect tool to organize, is to put them organize into folders on the desktop but when I mouse over them, it will open the folder automatically and show the remaining icons.

It's like having the Start Menu at the corner, only multiple of them in the desktop. Anyone know of such a tool in existance?

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: My wishlist for desktop organizer
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Something close to what you are looking for is Fences.

imtrobin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:05 AM »
Cool, from stardock too.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 01:21 AM »
Fences is awesome, I have it on my desktop computer as well as my dad's, and it has helped us both (he is a "basic" kind of computer user, point-click-and-expect kind of thing, and I am the one to tinker until I hit a BSoD :P). I have all my icons showing on the bottom of my screen, with ObjectDock Plus autohiding up at the top, and when I have too many windows open I can hide my desktop icons to help me focus on what I'm doing (someone HAS to make a version of Compiz Fusion for Windows). I don't think I will go back to the default method unless Fences becomes shareware at some high price (like $40 or something) or isn't compatible with whatever version of Windows that I am be running.